Our memory and our cognitive function are perhaps the most important functions we can have to improve on right now. However we may come across several issues that can be highly detrimental for the mental health of the person.
One such mental health issue that plagues people and interrupts the daily key activities is Dementia. Dementia has been described as a collective term to describe the group of symptoms that is linked with decline of memory or other thinking or cognitive skills. It has been seen that the people who suffer from Dementia reduces the person’s individual ability to perform everyday work. The person may even forget the rooms of his/ her own house, or where the person might have kept some commonly used items, like say your comb or the toothbrush. It has been studied and reported that around 60-80% of the reported Alzheimer’s cases often lead to Dementia.
But how can we determine if the person has Dementia or has poor mental health. Following are some of the most common symptoms of Dementia that can aid a person in determining the occurrence of Dementia in the person. It should be noted that for a person to receive diagnosis, they would usually experience 2 or more of the symptoms of Dementia. Consult a doctor immediately if you experience any of these symptoms. Let us now look at the symptoms of the known mental health problem.
Symptoms of Dementia
- Dementia brings around memory loss. The recollection of the activities or common actions can be a tough task and this can create a lot of trouble for the person as well as the family and friends.
- There is an innate difficulty in planning or solving simple and familiar tasks. Imagine waking up and not finding the way to your bathroom that you regularly go to.
- People find it difficult to solve common daily issues.
- It is a common thing for people who are suffering from Dementia to be confused where they are or even what time or year is it.
- There are severe challenges that come in the way of understanding things through visual interactions. For example we hand the person affected with Dementia a banner depicting a celebration. The person might not be able to convincingly understand the topic being discussed.
- There are so many problems noticed that come with speech and writing, giving the user further problems to communicate with the people around.
- Since there is a loss of memory and difficulty in recollecting things, hence there is a tendency of the person to misplace things at most times.
- There is also a lower level of judgment skills and the user has poor decision making skills owing to lower levels of cognition and memory.
- Since there are a number of issues, like forgetting or not able to recollect the basic of most actions and thoughts, the person often withdraws himself/ herself from social situations.
- There are sudden and noticeable changes in personality or mood.
Now there can be various therapies that can help someone with Dementia. Proper behavioral therapies or taking medications like Smart Drugs (mostly Modafinil or Armodafinil) can help greatly in overcoming the ailment of Dementia. Move forward to a better life with medications and proper therapies for your benefit.
Click here to know more.